As Roman Catholics dedicated to the God-given dignity of every human being, we state clearly that there can be no discrimination in our enrollment practices according to race, sex, and ethnic background, social or economic status in our school. Since St. Agnes is a religiously oriented school for the Catholic community of the Scottsbluff/Gering Valley, preference is given to members of St. Agnes Catholic Church. After our own community is served, we accept students from other parishes. Members of other creeds are welcomed when the needs of the Catholic community have been met.
- The parents/guardian of a student admitted to St. Agnes Catholic School must subscribe to the school’s philosophy and agree to abide by the policies and regulations of the school and the Diocese.
- Enrollment priority in Kindergarten is given to children who are currently registered in the Pre-K program. If space allows, the school will accept in this order: siblings of current St. Agnes students, active and financially contributing members of St. Agnes Parish on a first come first serve basis, other Catholics in the parish, Catholics from other parishes, and those of other religious denominations. Admissions at all other grades begins with siblings of current St. Agnes students and follows the priority order listed above and is subject to open space in the classroom.
- Current class (Pre-K through 5) sizes are held to 22 students. Once a class has filled to an enrollment of 22, a waiting list is created to fill seats as they are available.
- No student shall be admitted unconditionally to St. Agnes Catholic School unless he/she has a reasonable, well-founded hope of successfully completing the school’s program. In doubtful cases, a student may be admitted on a probationary basis with dates and criteria of evaluation clearly established in writing.
- Students shall not be denied admission to St. Agnes Catholic School because of physical or academic handicap unless this handicap seriously impairs the students’ ability to successfully complete the school’s academic program, or unless St. Agnes cannot provide sufficient physical or educational care for the child.
- Currently enrolled students may not enroll for the following school year if there is a financial balance on the account. Enrollment for the new school year is not final until the balance from the previous school year is paid in full.
- Currently attending students who do not enroll for the new school year during the current student enrollment period are not guaranteed a space.
- St. Agnes Catholic School reserves the right and may screen new students in pre-school, kindergarten and first grade to determine readiness of the students for the enrolled grade. Testing in academic and social readiness may be held for new incoming students.
- Children must be 4 years of age on or before August 1 for admission into Pre-Kindergarten.
- Children must be 5 years of age on or before August 1 for admission into Kindergarten.
- Children must be 6 years of age on or before August 1 for admission into First grade.
- The child’s birth certificate or some other legal verification of the child’s birth date
- Notification and documentation of special health needs
- Sacramental records
- An up-to-date immunization record required by the State of Nebraska.
Registering for the Pre-K or Kindergarten Program
- Please complete the student information sheet and the tuition contract.
- A state-embossed copy of your child's birth certificate is required. If you do not have one at this time you can obtain one: http://dhhs.ne.gov/publichealth/pages/ced_bicert.aspx (for Nebraska only).
- Immunizations records
Nebraska law requires children enrolling in Pre-K/Kindergarten to have proof that they’ve received the following vaccinations:
- 3 doses of hepatitis B vaccine
- 3 doses of diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis vaccine (DTaP)
- 3 doses of poliovirus vaccine (IPV)
- 2 doses of measles, mumps and rubella vaccine (MMR)
- 2 does of varicella (chickenpox) vaccine
- Vaccination/Physical records must be current and will not be accepted if they are dated prior to April of the current year. According to NE Statute 79-214, the board shall comply with the requirements of subsection (2) of section 43-2007 and shall require evidence of : (a) A physical examination by a physician, a physician assistant, or an advanced practice registered nurse within six months prior to the entrance of kindergarten and the seventh grade or, in the case of a transfer from out of state, to any other grade of the local school; and (b) a visual examination by a physician, a physician assistant, and advanced practice registered nurse, or an optometrist within six months prior to the entrance of a child into kindergarten, or in the case of a transfer from out of state, to any other grade of the local school, which consists of testing for amblyopia, strabismus, and internal and external eye health, with testing sufficient to determine visual acuity, except that no such physical examination or visual examination shall be required of any child whose parent or guardian object in writing.
- Copy of your child(ren) baptismal certificate.
- $100.00 Non-refundable registration fee.
PreK & K
Student Information Sheet
Physical Records Form
ACH Debit Authorization Form